Going Mobile in the Fight Against HungerWe bring nutritious foods directly to our neighbors in need in urban, suburban, and rural food deserts. Join The Fight
What is the Pantry on the Go Program?
We partner with community organizations to host mobile pantries, providing supplementary food assistance in the rural, urban, and suburban areas most affected by food insecurity.
After selecting a site and drop-off date, we deliver thousands of pounds of food by truck, and immediately unload and distribute it directly to food-insecure community members.
Each Pantry on the Go event provides enough produce and/or non-perishable foods to feed about 200 families on average, and sometimes up to 1,000 families in a single day.
Pantry on the Go host sites can include:
- Network partner agencies
- Retirement homes and senior centers
- Faith-based organizations
- Community centers
- Other central locations in low-income communities
The program is critically important for a number of reasons:
- Healthier Foods: Pantry on the Go allows for quick distribution of large quantities of fresh produce that could otherwise spoil, as well as other high-quality, nutritious foods.
- Simplified Process: We do all the heavy lifting for partner sites, making it easier to meet the need in their community.
- Improved Access: Pantry on the Go helps reduces transportation barriers for those without easy access to stationary food pantries, and/or who are located in underserved geographic areas.
Interested in Hosting?
If you’d like to host a Pantry on the Go distribution event in your community, reach out! Our Program Coordinator is eager to help you serve the food insecure members of your community.
We Need Your Help
Programs, campaigns, and educational outreach at the Maryland Food Bank rely on the philanthropic support of charitable individuals like you.
Much like our food distribution efforts, outreach activities at the Maryland Food Bank rely on generous donations of money and time.
We hope you’ll consider a contribution.